Apology

Courageous jkraska at san.rr.com
Sun Feb 17 13:25:37 EST 2002

>                   under the GPL (and I reserve the right to
>change that to a more secure license should there be ...

No matter what changes one makes in a licensing scheme, no
unilateral change in licensing can withdraw rights to current
licensees (which in your case with the GPL represent the
entire human race) unless that license has a specific clause
allowing that. GPL'ing something is a one-way ticket for the
entire licensed body of work up to that moment in time. For
all those licensees -- all humans, I mean -- your change in
licensing terms for that past body of work is irrelevant
masturbation.

Any future work you do of course, is up to you. Which is
indeed begging a question! Given that you've outright
admitted that you expect OTHER PEOPLE to do the coding, it
really begs the question why you think YOU could fiddle
with the licensing at all for something which could not be
regarded by the sharp eyes of the law as YOURS. You CANNOT
dictate the rights of a third party to their work. Its
THEIRS, not yours.

C//