Pythonistas? <- Re: OT: Perl programmers?

Tim Hammerquist tim at vegeta.ath.cx
Mon Feb 11 04:06:21 EST 2002

<brueckd at tbye.com> <brueckd at tbye.com> graced us by uttering:
> On Sun, 10 Feb 2002, Fernando Pérez wrote:
>> Indeed, it's just the Spanish form of the 'ist' English suffix (pianist,
>> violinist, etc.) It simply means 'who performs an activity'.
>
> Could be from a number of languages; I always assumed quasi-Esperanto:

This may be very likely, but the limit of my Esperanto knowledge is Red
Dward episodes...

> Of course, in either Spanish or Esperanto it would more commonly be
> "Pythonisto" anyway, so who knows.

No idea about Esperanto, but Spanish ends in -ista, even when masculine.
eg: dentist (English) --> /dentista/ (Spanish).

HTH
Tim Hammerquist
--
All mail clients suck. This one just sucks less.
    -- Michael Elkins on mutt