Newbie question: Why does read() method of urllib hang?

Andrew Ward winelight at spamcop.net
Tue Feb 12 16:30:51 EST 2002

It's very intermittent for me. I can leave it running for hours in the
morning and it's fine, in the evenings (UK time) it usually does fail fairly
soon.

I'm rewriting the url stuff as individual httplib calls to see if I can pin
down the exact point of failure, although I assume it will still hang, and
that it will also be at the read() (I imagine that the urllib read() maps
directly to the http read() method).

Andrew Ward