Synchronous signals vs. robust code

Paul Rubin phr-n2002a at nightsong.com
Mon Feb 18 00:24:30 EST 2002

Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery.com> writes:
> But, I'm having a hard time figuring out how to write signal-safe
> code in the presence of synchronous signals.  Consider, for example,
> the following:

The most obvious way to deal with it is for the interpreter to
postpone delivery of exceptions while a finally clause, and of
exception X while an exception X handler is running, where X is some
asynchronous exception like KeyboardInterrupt.  Asynchronous
exceptions seems like an area where Python needs some further
design work.  I'll dig out some manuals when I get a chance and
see how the MIT Lisp machine dealt with these issues.