Proposal: local variable declarations and type advice

Raymond Hettinger othello
Wed Feb 27 01:59:03 EST 2002

"Paul Rubin" <phr-n2002a at nightsong.com> wrote in message
news:7xlmdglwpp.fsf at ruckus.brouhaha.com...
> Paul Rubin <phr-n2002a at nightsong.com> writes:
>
> > I thought I'd toss out the following two ideas:
>
> Sigh.  "Two ideas" followed by sections labelled 1, 2, and 3.  I
> should have labelled the differently.  There are two ideas as stated;
> sections 1 and 2 are two parts of the same idea.  Section 3 is the
> second idea.  Sorry for confusion.

How utterly Pythonic!

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is
surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are
fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are
fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion
to the Colonies.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our
weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again. (Exit
and exeunt) "

Raymond

_ ~
@ @