two ideoms at one blow: line-reading and regexp-matching

Gustavo Cordova gcordova at hebmex.com
Wed Feb 20 18:29:25 EST 2002

> Next question: why is muddying the statement/expression distinction a
> detriment?  As opposed to the alternate view, that the
> statement/expression
> distinction is itself a detriment?
> --

Or, if I may rephrase the question:

Why is the statement/expression distinction a detriment,
as opposed to the alternate view, that the statement/expression
distinction is a virtue?

I, at least, prefer the legibility and explicitness
of the current situation, where there can be no
misunderstanding, versus the common "Oops, I typed '='
instead of '==' mistakes".

-gustavo