SilverCity 0.1.0

Neil Hodgson nhodgson at bigpond.net.au
Sun Feb 3 06:58:05 EST 2002

Brian Quinlan:
> SilverCity is a Python extension that allows you to retrieve lexical
> information about different languages (e.g. C/C++, HTML, Python).
> Amongst other things, you can use it to style source code into styled
> HTML. It is based on Neil Hodgson's excellent Scintilla project.
>
> I'm pretty far from release (at least another week :-) so I'd really
> like a sanity check for the API. Any feedback would be greatly
> appreciated.

   Not sure which level you are interested in. The _SilverCity interface
looks straightforward. There could be a script for generating language
modules or outlines of language modules from the constants: generate("CPP",
"SCE_C_*"). BTW, the verbatim lexical class that got the "XXX what is this?"
comment is for C#'s multiline verbatim strings: @"Just like
""Python"" uses
triple quotes for long texts."

   Neil