Using tabs instead of spaces in IDLE?

Carl Banks idot at vt.edu
Fri Feb 15 01:43:49 EST 2002

Courageous wrote:

>>> This sounds ingenious, but what happens when you save the
>>> file and load it back? Does it remember this information
>>> somehow, or does it get lost?
>>
>>The editor remembers this information by saving it in the text file
>>itself.
>
> I believe that you're answering a different question than what
> he asked.

Yeah.  Although the question was about vim, my mind was still thinking
Emacs from a few posts ago.  Emacs scans the line(s) above to
determine how to unindent, i.e., all of the unindent information is
saved in the file.

--
CARL BANKS                                http://www.aerojockey.com
"Nullum mihi placet tamquam provocatio magna.  Hoc ex eis non est."