Extremely Newbie wants to program and pleads to be pointed in the right direction

Gerson Kurz gerson.kurz at t-online.de
Wed Feb 27 12:41:53 EST 2002

On Wed, 27 Feb 2002 15:05:01 +0000, Chris <nospam@[127.0.0.1]> wrote:

>In the olden days I played around with BASIC
>just for fun, writing trivial games and making patterns move on the
>screen.
>
>Can I do that sort of thing with Python?
Yup!

>Will I be able to make a ball bounce around inside a box etc.?
Yup! I recommend you take a look at http://www.vpython.org/, get
amazed, and motivated to learn python really quickly.

VPython is a set of add-on libraries called "3D Programming for
Ordinary Mortals" to python (so you need to have basic python
understanding first) that will allow you to create rotating balls
using opengl, and quite easily so.

There is a very intuitive first-time sample for that here:

http://www.vpython.org/vpythonprog.htm

That looks feasible, right?