Win32 comport extensions

Chris Gonnerman chris.gonnerman at newcenturycomputers.net
Sun Feb 3 10:19:45 EST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Spencer Doidge" <spencer at spencerdoidge.com>

> In the win32 extensions script win32comport_demo.py, line 102 reads:
> rc, data = ReadFile(self.handle, comstat.cbInQue, overlapped)
>
> I don't see the five arguments I'm used to associating with Win32 API's
> ReadFile(). The nBytesToRead and lpNumBytesRead args are not there.

You REALLY need to read the docs provided in the Win32\Help folder; look
for the file named PythonWin32Extensions.hlp.  Use the Index, Find feature
to locate the ReadFile function.

I considered explaining the details here, but there are two very different
cases, so you should just RTM yourself on this one.

BTW Many people don't even realize that help file is there...