Website to post code for peer review

Andy Gimblett gimbo at ftech.net
Tue Feb 26 05:13:55 EST 2002

On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 03:25:55PM -0800, Sheila King wrote:

> There is no "community" site in the sense of the perlmonks.org site (AFAIK)
> Most Python discussion takes place on mailing lists or in newsgroups rather
> than on web sites.
>
> The closest you may be able to come to what you're looking for at this
> time, is a combination of
> Useless Python: http://www.lowerstandard.com/python/whatsthepoint.html
> and a subscription to the Python-Tutor mailing list:
>
> I don't know about any "voting" or "experience points", but you can get
> your code reviewed and discussed.

There's also the ActiveState Python Cookbook - you can submit code and
people can comment on it and rate it.  I've never seen perlmonks.org
though so have no idea how they compare.  There's not an _enormous_
amount of stuff there, mind, ie it doesn't seem incredibly active.
But somewhat active.  :-)

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python

--
Andy Gimblett - Programmer - Frontier Internet Services Limited
Tel: 029 20 820 044 Fax: 029 20 820 035 http://www.frontier.net.uk/