"Private" attributes - a possible idea (maybe PEP-worthy).

Cliff Wells logiplexsoftware at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 1 14:41:45 EST 2002

On Fri, 1 Feb 2002 14:17:39 -0500
Steve Holden wrote:

> "Cliff Wells" <logiplexsoftware at earthlink.net> wrote in message
> news:mailman.1012522682.17576.python-list at python.org...
> > On Fri, 1 Feb 2002 10:40:45 +1100
> > Delaney, Timothy wrote:
> >
> > > I'd like to close this thread here (which I created because I thought
> I'd
> > > come up with a way to get around the wart) unless someone *can* come
up
> > with
> > > a way to deal with it.
> >
> > With Python you can start a thread, but you can't stop it.  Sorry.
You'll
> > have to wait until reaches the end of execution.
>
> So, just the same as c.l.py, then?

Tim _was_ referring to a c.l.py thread, then I equated what he said to
Python threads, now you're equating what I said back to c.l.py, that's
likeTraceback (most recent call last): RuntimeError: maximum recursion
depth exceeded

--
Cliff Wells
Software Engineer

"Then with your new power you'll accomplish all sorts of cool stuff
 in no time, and We'll All Be Sorry.  At that point you can either
 gloat a bit, and then relent, or go ahead and send the robot army
 after us." - Quinn Dunkan