Defending the Python lanuage...

Jeff Shannon jeff at ccvcorp.com
Mon Feb 4 14:57:54 EST 2002

Peter Milliken wrote:

> G'Day Cliff,
>
> "Cliff Wells" <logiplexsoftware at earthlink.net> wrote in message
> news:mailman.1012590723.7301.python-list at python.org...
> > On Fri, 01 Feb 2002 08:29:42 GMT
>
> > I much prefer the "continuous ongoing code review" idea better than a
> > formalized procedure (if I understand what you mean by it correctly).
> > Working in pairs provides this as a side-effect rather than having a
> formal
> > procedure for code-review and seems less time-consuming overall.
> >

> Not sure what you mean by "continuous ongoing code review". I used to be a
> "team leader",  .....

I hesitate to speak for others, but...   I'm going to stomp right on in anyhow.
:)

I believe that the "continuous ongoing code review" being mentioned is in
reference to the Extreme Programming practice of pair programming -- all code is
written jointly by two people, sitting at the same computer.  Thus, everything
is, in effect, being reviewed by the other person as it's being written.  This
should (in principle ;) ) greatly reduce the need for formal group reviews...
though I expect they'd probably still be desirable regardless.

> ..... So I assume that "continuous ongoing code review" is similar to
> my idea of "early and often"? :-)

That's more or less my interpretation of it, too.  :)

Jeff Shannon
Technician/Programmer
Credit International