[Tutor] Re: Is it possible in Python too?

Daniel Coughlin kauphlyn at speakeasy.org
Mon Feb 25 17:02:52 EST 2002

Hey, iirc, the proxy server setting is set in the registry, and you cant set
registry items from an internet explorer object.

so you need to change the registry - heres the link from aspn telling how to do
just such a thing:
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/66011

the entry you will be needing to modify is
HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Internet Settings

or something like that. there maybe other things you need to modify, but i
think that should put you in the right direction.

test this and test a bunch before deploying into anykind of production
environment. the registry is a very sensitive place.

OT: A bit of netiquettte: You dont need to send emails to so many lists. Most of
the people on any one of these lists are prally on at least one other. If you
cant get your question answered on one list. Then try another. No need to send so many
emails.

Daniel