py2exe for Python 2.2 not finding modules? [long]

Thomas Heller theller at python.net
Tue Feb 26 15:41:09 EST 2002

"Erik Westra" <ewestra at wave.co.nz> wrote in message news:ebcd2ef6.0202251650.5207cb28 at posting.google.com...
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone had any joy getting the latest version of py2exe (0.3.1)
> working with Python 2.2?  I've been using py2exe successfully for
> months with Python 1.5.2, but after upgrading my dev environment to
> Python 2.2 I suddenly find py2exe failing to find some of the modules
> in my rather large wxPython app.

[snip]

> I'm running under win2k, and uninstalled Python 1.5.2 before
> installing Python 2.2.  Everything else seems to work fine -- it's
> just py2exe which is behaving strangely.

Python 1.5.2 and Python 2.2 (at least the Pythonlabs versions)
can coexist on the same PC, so you can try also building with 1.5.2,
probably with an older version of py2exe, and look for differences.

The alternative would be to zip your app (maybe stripped down somewhat)
and mail it to me for inspection.

Regards, and thanks for using px2exe,

Thomas