Python 2.2 Socket Test Failure

Michael Strayer mstrayer1 at attbi.com
Tue Feb 26 19:46:40 EST 2002

Hello..
I'm new to both Python and Linux so I'm not quite
sure what the following errors are trying to tell me.

I've built Python 2.2 on a Red Hat 7.2 system and when
I run make test I get the following error:

test test_socket crashed -- socket.gaierror: (-2, 'Name or service not
known')
test_socket_ssl
test test_socket_ssl skipped -- Use of the `network' resource not enabled
test_socketserver
test test_socketserver skipped -- Use of the `network' resource not enabled

Could someone explain how to fix the socket crash.  Also how do I
enable to network resource?

Thanks
Mike Strayer