DLL/Embeded interpreter wierdness

Courageous jkraska at san.rr.com
Mon Feb 25 23:29:25 EST 2002

>Typically when I've done this (both embedded and extended in the same
>DLL or executable), what I've done is automatically define my module
>internally before calling out to the embedded interpreter.  The
>differences between initialization in the two cases are very slight.

I don't really know what you mean here. This module in question is
actually masquerading as a package, so extended import commands look
more like...

from lramm import task

...and so on. So the explicit initialization is required from the embedded
code, which is otherwise unrestricted Python.

I seem to have some sort of knowledge failure here. Outside of the
usual init[blah] hookups, what does one do to "automatically define
my module internally"?

C//