Please stop responding to Rue

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Fri Feb 8 15:23:50 EST 2002

Donn Cave <donn at u.washington.edu> wrote:
> So is sci.math choked with posts from people who normally seem
> to have their heads screwed on, endlessly replying this guy as
> if they sincerely think there's some purpose in it?  People who
> take time several times every day to post about how useless his
> ideas are and how they have no interest in helping?  Or are
> they saner there than we are?

I hope you're not including me. I've posted in those threads but
only because I'm so amused.

Besides, even if I were arguing with the fellow I might've been
doing it for amusement. But this type of person doesn't seem quite
what to make of me most of the time, so they just don't respond..

> The existence of people with unusual ideas isn't surprising.
> I'm kind of taken aback by the response here, though.

Don't worry, most newsgroups seem to exhibit this phenomenon. It is just
comp.lang.python's immune system seems to be a little bit disabled
sometimes recently.

Regards,

Martijn