Fear of autocoding!

Courageous jkraska at san.rr.com
Mon Feb 11 12:41:35 EST 2002

>    "People tend to hold overly favorable views of their
>    abilities in many social and intellectual domains. The
>    authors suggest that this overestimation occurs, in
>    part, because people who are unskilled in these
>    domains suffer a dual burden: Not only do these
>    people reach erroneous conclusions and make un-
>    fortunate choices, but their incompetence robs
>    them of the metacognitive ability to realize it"

It's a wise enough observation. The concept of
both individual and group assessment has been
extensively studied. As it turns out, feeling one
is better than other people on average is a normal,
healthy aspect of human psychology. Only depressed
people routinely rank themselves as average. Which
is kind of funny; it appears that a healthy state
of mind is somewhat delusional in this particular way.

With all that said, I know only one thing for sure:

I FUCKING ROCK AND YOU ALL SUCK!

:) :)

C//