size of socket.recv buffer

David Bolen db3l at fitlinxx.com
Mon Feb 25 23:16:13 EST 2002

"Locke" <brown.2053 at osu.edu> writes:

> so you are saying it sends the data in groups? how do i know how many calls
> to recv i need to do before the server is done sending everything it needs
> to send? because if i call recv after the server is done sending everything,
> the program will just deadlock waiting. any suggestions? anybody know
> anything about pop3?

Although I'm always a fan of knowing what is really going on under the
covers with the network protocols and what not, have you tried looking
at the poplib module to see if might suit your purpose?  POP3
certainly isn't the most complicated protocol, but as with most
networking protocols, you'll have to deal properly with CRLF issues,
error handling and what not, and there might not be a need to reinvent
the wheel in this case.

--
-- David