ANN: anycons - Simple Universal Console I/O

Chris Gonnerman chris.gonnerman at newcenturycomputers.net
Wed Feb 13 10:32:03 EST 2002

Somebody on the list asked about generic console I/O which works in
Windows and Unix/Linux both.  (Sorry, can't remember who...)  So, I sat
down this morning and wrote it.

The OP listed a small number of basic operations he wanted support for;
such a small list, in fact, that it took only about an hour to implement for
both platforms.  On Windows, my anycons package needs WConio or
a working curses; on Unixoids you need a working curses (only thing that
works).  The following calls are supported:  Init(), Close(), Clear(),
Write(stringval), Read(), and Goto(x, y).  Pretty primitive but I think it meets
the OP's requirements.

Future development (whenever I feel like it) may include special key
handling, a line or field editing function, and possibly a pure-ANSI backend.

Get it (if you care) at:

	http://newcenturycomputers.net/projects/anycons.html