ActivePython and wxPython

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Thu Feb 7 23:53:36 EST 2002

Andrew wrote:

> Sorry if this question is inappropriate for this newsgroup, but I was
> wondering if there are known problems using wxPython with ActivePython?  I
> try to run the first example (from www.wxpython.org) in the wxPython
> tutorial but get a crash when I attempt to create a wxFrame object.  I
> stepped into the code and it's failing on an 'apply' call.

It's a very appropriate question, and my answer is that there
shouldn't be, provided the versions are compatible.

What versions of those are you using?  Did you have any previous
versions installed?  What does "crash" mean?  (Exception raised?
If so, post the traceback here for better responses.  If you
run it from a DOS prompt it should print the trackback to the
console.)

-Peter