just a moron trying to get python working on win98 and personal web server

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Tue Feb 12 07:18:27 EST 2002

"james" <jdaily at kc.rr.com> wrote in message
news:3C685DDE.AA8AFD10 at kc.rr.com...

> RE: just a moron trying to get python working on win98 and personal web
> server
>
> i am trying to get python to work on my MS personal web server ( which
> is
> supposed to support python in a web url ).
>
> what do i need to do?

The most obvious thing that's easy to overlook is that the scripts have to
be called *.asp.

> i have tried setting the registry.

With the win32 extensions, it should work as standard.

> i have set the PATH in autoexec.bat.
>
> is there an apache alternative.

Apache will work on 95 and 98. Xitami is easier, and better-suited to the
lightweight platform.

not-as-daft-as-you-look-'cos-at-least-you-asked-for-help-ly y'rs  - steve
--
Consulting, training, speaking: http://www.holdenweb.com/
Author, Python Web Programming: http://pydish.holdenweb.com/pwp/

"This is Python.  We don't care much about theory, except where it
intersects with useful practice."  Aahz Maruch on c.l.py