dlg.Destroy() behaviour

Duncan Smith buzzard at urubu.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Feb 25 21:07:32 EST 2002

"Cliff Wells" <logiplexsoftware at earthlink.net> wrote in message
> On Mon, 25 Feb 2002 19:58:42 -0000
> Duncan Smith wrote:
>
> > Just a quick question about whether or not I need to destroy dialogues
> > (wxPython) with dlg.Destroy().  When creating a number of
> wxTextEntryDialogs
> > in succession only the first dialogue gets the focus.  I need a mouse
> click
> > to set the focus on subsequent dialogues.  However, if I remove the
usual
> > 'dlg.Destroy()', then subsequent dialogues do get the focus.  Is this
> > advisable?  If not, what is the neatest way of setting the focus on the
> > subsequent dialogues?  Thanks in advance.
>
> I don't know if this works (never tried it on a dialog), but
dlg.SetFocus()
> ?

Thanks, but no.  A computer scientist mate of mine initially suggested that.
It didn't work.  He then suggested I just got rid of dlg.Destroy(), which
works, but he couldn't tell me whether it was a safe thing to do or not.  He
suggested that as the 'deleted' dialogue wouldn't be destroyed immediately
with dlg.Destroy() it might retain the focus.  I don't know.

Duncan