confusion regarding os.path.walk()

Ron Johnson ron.l.johnson at cox.net
Mon Feb 18 23:06:12 EST 2002

On 19 Feb 2002 01:33:52 +0100 Chris Liechti <cliechti at gmx.net> wrote:

> Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson at cox.net> wrote in
> news:20020218180623.086f6c58.ron.l.johnson at cox.net:
> > In the visit callout function, it looks as though after the top
> > level is processed, os.path.isfile() and os.path.isdir() both return
> > 0 when passed elements from the names parameter.
> >     for n in names:
> >    	    	print n,
> >    	    	if os.path.isdir(n):
>
> in "names" there are only filenames with no path. to access the files
> you must join the path back to the name:
>
> for n in names:
>     	file = os.path.join(path, n)
>     	print file,
>     	if os.path.isdir(file):

Thinking that that might be the problem, I used os.path.realpath().
However, even that didn't work.  Why wouldn't testing an absolute
filename work?

os.path.join() worked.  Thanks.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson at cox.net        |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://ronandheather.dhs.org:81    |
| 484,246 sq mi are needed for 6 billion people to live, 4   !
! persons per lot, in lots that are 60'x150'.                |
! That is ~ California, Texas and Missouri.                  !
! Alternatively, France, Spain and The United Kingdom.       |