qtbindings wont work >:-( etc.

Georg Bremer callistos at t-online.de
Fri Feb 22 17:13:20 EST 2002

Hi

System:
SuSE 7.3 (i386), all Python related stuff came from originally SuSE
7.3 rpm's. Python is version 2.1.1, sid is installed, qt and pyKDE.

hello.py is just a little test, if Python finds the modules.

After I found out that PYTHONPATH was just EMPTY, I set the pathes
manually. Now, Python finds qt BUT then:

  File "hello.py", line 4, in ?
    from qt import *
  File "/usr/lib/python2.1/site-packages/qt.py", line 44, in ?
    import libqtc
ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.1/site-packages/libqtcmodule.so:
undefined symbol: PyUnicode_FromUnicode

So what?!

And Python still doesnt find kdecore and kdeui.

PYTHONPATH =

/usr/lib/python2.1/
/usr/lib/python2.1/plat-linux2/
/usr/lib/python2.1/lib-dynload/
/usr/local/lib/python2.0/site-packages/
/usr/local/lib/site-python/
/usr/lib/python2.1/site-packages/
/usr/lib/site-python/

So where are the f***** kde modules...

Sorry, Im sick and tired after the last weeks working with linux for
the first time. It seems there's nearly NO PROGRAM that works at once
on Linux. Every and every time I get errors like this and have to work
hours to solve them. - I just want to learn python. Im enthusiastic
but this p***** me off.

I will now go to bed (CET) and sleep a while to calm down. Please help
me if you can. I really want get it to work and start learning python.

If you're a german like me maybe it is more practical to talk via
email, reply to sender then.

I want to apologise the words I used. GN8