cygwin and python

Jason Tishler jason at tishler.net
Fri Feb 15 12:48:23 EST 2002

Stephane,

On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 05:07:08PM +0100, Stephane Tallard wrote:
> I use python under cygwin bash-rxvt . Trying to use omniorbPy,  I'm facing a
> strange behaviour :
>
> When executing omniorbPy example ( command line "python  echo_srv.py" )
> script under ugly Command.com, everything is OK.
>
> When executing the same command line under rxvt , nothing happens: the
> script never ends. Moreover if I add print "Hello" at the beginning of the
> script, "Hello" is never prompted ...
>
> It seems that cygwin changes the behaviour of python interpretor ....
>
> Anyone has an idea ? .

Are you using Win32 or Cygwin Python?  I presume the Win32 one, because
it has "display issues" under rxvt.  So do other Win32 apps that write
directly to the console.

When I need to use Win32 Python, I run it directly under bash.  As long
as the CYGWIN environment variable contains "notty", then output should
show up.

I would like to use rxvt for everything too.  Unfortunately, it does
not seem to be possible...

Jason