Fear of autocoding! >Re: Please stop responding to Rue

Timothy Rue threeseas at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 11 00:40:51 EST 2002

Very good example of someone who is afraid of autocoding.

Come to think of it, it is a wonderment that autocoding is found in high
tech industries like aerospace and military but not so well known to be
used in lesser non-critical fields, such as general programming.

You'd think that such a complicated compound complexity task as autocoding
would be something needing to develeop and evolve from such lower and
non-critical field first to sort out all the bugs.

In fact the field of autocoding is rather young and immature and there
seems to be little available as to how it is done.

All of which seem to me to be rather interesting as the claim of
autocoding is one of higher quality, more stable and bug free code.

Of course you can even drop all of that and simple read all the words I've
written to this newsgroup and compare that to all the words others have
written in response and it's very clear what you will see is consistant
with both a fear factor on the part of responders and the lack of
autocoding development on lesser non-critical software development
directions.

Simply put, the frabicated excuse you have written up only show off your
ability to manipulate abstractions. But I do wonder, do you also
manipulate abstractions so well in your coding practices? Or do you simple
reinvent (meaning you are replaceable by autocoding development)?

I am not a troll, I'm very serious about what I present and have answered
most all the reasonable questions that have been presented me. Then I find
such links refering to software design as http://mukesh.ws/uml.html and
http://www.laputan.org/mud/mud.html and realize some of the things others
have presented me, that I thought might be reasonable, amounts to total
opiniated BS. They are intitled to their opinion I suppose, but don't
even they know it's opinion?

Lets' all face the fact that the truth of the matter is that you and
others are afraid of autocoding, that it will in fact remove the easy job
you have and perhaps expose that it is potentially better at coding then
you are. Just as fearful as the animation industry was when Newtek
introduce a low cost high quality video production switcher and animation
tool set. But what really happened is that those who were good at
animation only got better and gave us better, as more talent was in fact
introduced into the market and put to work.

You are fearful of change too, you like the way things are. And this shows
in what you write below, relying on "old" practices. But things change,
what was once a productive attitude has become an abusive excuse to
fabricate false witness against something you do not like.

It is very clear that there has been far more insinuation and attacks upon
me and my intention here than any anger I've expressed against it.

Your comments below only add to that unfairness. But it certainly shows
your skil and talent at abstraction manipulation.

Maybe there have been some not so negative responses I appear to have
skipped over, but the fact is that I've seen far to much negativity and
anti-user power from to many different sources to find anything less than
actual coding help to be questionable in intent.

I've had offers, but of varing conditions, none of which support in action
the open and free, as in GPL, advancement of the project. Though I've had
some help in optimizing the IQ code in Arexx.

I honestly and seriously do not believe that any programmer worth his salt
is so stupid that they do not understand the description of the nine
commands. For they are basic actions of which examples are found all over
the place in the field of programming. From understand the basic function
of having control of input and output direction, to the value and use of
variables and list of variables, to keeping track of where you are in
doing something, to looking up or accessing the meaning of something,
whether in a programmers manual page of a function to a word in a
dictionary and how applying constrains helps you to quicker locate what it
is you are looking for. And certainly there is enough example of
identifying system componets that plug and play is possible.

When so called programmers say they do not understand, and insist on such
understanding failure and feedback loop refusal, then I assume they are
insulting themselves. So why would I need to?

The fact is, you are afraid of losing control over your position. Where
what you should be doing is looking forward to how much more you could do
with having such a tool that is shared amoung all users. Unless of course
you are just a psuedo programmer having no ability to be creatively original.

Go ahead and apply some blind justice to the words I have written to this
newsgroup in comparison to the words of those who have responded. And
remember, I am only one person as opposed to the many who have responded.

On 10-Feb-02 20:18:13 Andrae Muys <amuys at shortech.com.au> wrote:
>rony.steelandt at bucodi.com (Rony) wrote in message
>news:<b34d3835.0202080025.1d69d198 at posting.google.com>...
>> YOU SHOULD BE ASHAME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>Ashamed?  No, indeed he should be applauded for his stand for signal
>over noise!
>
>> Who on earth you think you are, to just post a message on usenet
>> saying don't talk to that guy
>>
>> 1. Nobody or nothing gives you that right.
>> 2. It's a attack to peoples intelegence here, i assume they very well
>> can decide by themself if they want to dicusse or not
>> 3. It's against the spirit of usenet
>> 4. You are not God to decide this
>> 5 ....

>(referencing <4egfvd$2pl2 at news-s01.ny.us.ibm.net>#1/1 from
>compl.lang.rexx in 1996)

>A quick grep through the deja archives indicates you have been on
>usenet long enough to know that what you're spouting here is absolute
>nonsense.  Everyone, by virtue of their involvement in a newsgroup
>community, has the right to defend that group's signal-noise
>ratio---you have been on usenet too long to claim ignorance of this.
>It is not an attack on anyone's intellegence, rather an appeal to the
>same, a request that they step back and reconsider the value of the
>(now rediculously extended) cascade they are contributing to.  That
>they pause, before automatically replying to the troll in our midst,
>and consider the effect of this threads continued existence on c.l.py
>itself.

>It appalls me that someone who has been involved in usenet for so
>long, would so willfully and deliberately, disregard the nature and
>culture of usenet communities in this way.  To appeal to the 'spirit
>of usenet' in defense of such a position maybe understandable, if
>mistaken, in a newbie making their first post, but for someone who
>appears to have been active here for over 5 years?

>The spontaneous, self-organising, emergent communities of people
>formed around this asyncronous text medium is the spirit of usenet you
>so glibly refer to.  The reaction of this community (by flame, by
>appeal, and eventually by ostracising) to defend itself against the
>parasitic troll, spammer, or pathological cross-poster, is a
>legitimate manifestation of this spirit.  An appeal by active
>participants of a newsgroup for silence, for signal over noise, is
>likely the purest expresion of the 'spirit of usenet' I can imagine.

>Andrae Muys

---
*3 S.E.A.S - Virtual Interaction Configuration (VIC) - VISION OF VISIONS!*
   *~ ~ ~      Advancing How we Perceive and Use the Tool of Computers!*
Timothy Rue      What's *DONE* in all we do?  *AI PK OI IP OP SF IQ ID KE*
Email @ mailto:timrue at mindspring.com      >INPUT->(Processing)->OUTPUT>v
Web @ http://www.mindspring.com/~timrue/  ^<--------<----9----<--------<