Editors for Python

xtian xtian at toysinabag.com
Mon Feb 25 21:31:28 EST 2002

mtaylor at lowebroadway.com (Moray Taylor) wrote in message news:<d906b2c1.0202250818.57dcfcc7 at posting.google.com>...
> I am desperatly seeking a good python editor, so far JEdit is the best
> I have found, but since it is written in Java, I find it painfully
> slow, and PyBrowse, although good, a little flaky.
[snip]
> I have only two requirements for my editor, syntax coloring, and a
> Class/function list.

I know this is a silly question, but no-one else on the thread has
asked it (as far as I can see):
If those are your requirements, what's wrong with IDLE?

(I'm guessing that those aren't your only requirements, really. They
certainly wouldn't be my only ones. What else do you need in your
editor? :)

xtian