Java vs Python ... ???

Richard Jones rjones at ekit-inc.com
Thu Feb 14 17:57:36 EST 2002

On Fri, 15 Feb 2002 09:46, Chris Liechti wrote:
> Scirious <Scirious at Scirious.com> wrote in
>
> news:Xns91B5CBEF0A103Scirious at 140.99.99.131:
> > I've been learning JAVA for a while, but now I've heard about
> > Python.
> > Any coments concerning these two languages?
>
> that's one of the questions that is good for a flamewar :-O

So don't fan the flames....

> anyway here some answers biased towards python:
>
> Python programms are shorter.
> The Debug Cycle is shorter.
> You can allways try out things interactively.
> Python is FUN programming.

Please, always just respond with the prior discussions:

    http://www.python.org/doc/Comparisons.html

We get enough noise on the list without re-discussing all this crap all over
again.

> Here are some nice slides that illustrate some differences (PPT):
> http://64.78.49.204/pub/eckel/LovePython.zip
> (from http://www.mindview.net/Books/Python/ThinkingInPython.html)

Please submit these links to the python.org webmaster.

    Richard

ps. yes, the jython reference was perfectly valid, thanks for pointing that
out, I'd forgotten :)