advocacy help ( Python vs VB )

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Tue Feb 26 04:54:54 EST 2002

> I need to convince my co workers and erstwhile managers to build a
> production system in Python.  They're coming from a VB world and
> are fearful
> to detach from the Redmond mothership.  I need hard facts, not warm and
> fuzzies about syntax but names of big companies using Python and things VB
> just *cannot* do ( threads, regular expressions.. ? ).
>
> Thanks,
> Stefan

If you can find it, please look at the first chapter of "Python Programming
on Win32", which was written to be "shown to your boss" in this situation.
And look at the mid section which shows how you can embed Python engines in
VB GUIs.  Your best bet may be to show the two languages working in
cooperation and not in competition.

- Andy Robinson