Adding static typing to Python

Jason Orendorff jason at jorendorff.com
Mon Feb 18 23:48:13 EST 2002

Peter Milliken:
> When I compile a Ada program cleanly I know that 95% of the bugs
> are out of it - before I even start testing! :-)

Brian Quinlan:
> I would say that 99% of my bugs are due to design mistakes [...]
> or semantically incorrect algorithms[.]

Forgive me if I am a bit dubious about these numbers.

I have added a sys.excepthook in the Lib/site.py file
on the PC where I do most of my work.  It logs uncaught
exceptions (except in interactive mode).  In a week or two,
I should have some real numbers to share.

Obviously this is a crude and subjective measurement,
but it's better than (ahem) nothing.

## Jason Orendorff    http://www.jorendorff.com/