Python calling Java

Graham Ashton graz at mindless.com
Mon Feb 18 16:38:36 EST 2002

On Mon, 18 Feb 2002 19:13:08 +0000, jimh wrote:

> I have downloaded and tried out Jython, but it takes 5-6 seconds just to
> run a one-line 'print "hi"' script, and this is, of course, not
> acceptable for a web server.

Indeed. Did you try using a JIT and the jythonc byte code compiler? I'm no
expert by the way, having only tried jython-ing one of my python apps for
the first time yesterday.

It was very impressive seeing a swing GUI driving my Python libraries
though, to complement the GTK GUI that I'd already built.

--
Graham