ActivePython and wxPython

Greg Krohn infinitystwin.SPAM at IS.BAD.yahoo.com
Thu Feb 7 23:33:32 EST 2002

"Andrew" <anon at anon.com> wrote in message
news:RiH88.37389$Jq.1973082 at news2.calgary.shaw.ca...
> Hello,
>
> Sorry if this question is inappropriate for this newsgroup, but I was
> wondering if there are known problems using wxPython with ActivePython?  I
> try to run the first example (from www.wxpython.org) in the wxPython
> tutorial but get a crash when I attempt to create a wxFrame object.  I
> stepped into the code and it's failing on an 'apply' call.
>
> Thanks,
> Andrew

Yeah, that happens. If you try it from the command line you should be fine
(i.e. 'c:\>python myscript.py'). I _think_ this has something to do with
Pythonwin's GUI getting in a fight with wxPython's GUI. Again, I _think_
they both use MFC.

greg

is _think_ a magic method?