Guido's intuition (was Re: typetesting, adaptation, typeclasses, ...)

Tim Hammerquist tim at vegeta.ath.cx
Mon Feb 4 05:05:40 EST 2002

Chris Jones <clj at theWorld.com> graced us by uttering:
> Tim Hammerquist <tim at vegeta.ath.cx> writes:
>
> [...]
>
>   My eyes just can't parse:
>
>   if ( some_condition() ) {
>     {
>       for (i = first_i();i <= 10; i++)
>         {
>           initialize_some_stuff();
>           while ( some_other_condition() )
>             {
>               do_some_more_stuff()
>             }
>         }
>     }
>
> I can, and I notice you've got unbalanced braces (look at your first two
> lines).

Spot on! Yup, hard to break those K&R habits, even when trying to
demonstrate the alternatives.

I guess that just goes to show it's truly more a matter of what you're
used to than what's "better", whatever that is. <wink>

Thx.
Tim Hammerquist
--
Usenet is essentially a HUGE group of people passing notes in class.
    -- R. Kadel