Extracting bzip2 & gzip files

Jaco Greeff jaco at puxedo.org
Wed Feb 13 02:48:31 EST 2002

Martin v. Loewis wrote:

> It works fine for me, just the way you posted it

This is strange. The file definately decompresses via the command-line.
I might have a funny somewhere else - the file I'm trying to decompress
is done straight after an HTTP download - maybe there is an open file or
two lying around.

I know that the file is downloaded successfull, otherwise it would give
the same error via the command-line. What I'll do is to invoke the
function on a "static"/not donaloaded file which I know exists on the
local drive.

Thanks for trying.

Greetings,
Jaco