MSWord and Python

Gerson Kurz gerson.kurz at t-online.de
Mon Feb 25 09:23:02 EST 2002

http://p-nand-q.com/win32com_and_office.htm

>2. Where can I find the documentation of methods that MSWord
>  exposes by the use of COM?

If you have the Jan 2002 MSDN, go to

ms-help://MS.MSDNQTR.2002JAN.1033/off2000/html/woobjapplication.htm

If not, go to http://msdn.microsoft.com and work your way to

Office Solutions Development
-Microsoft Office
--Microsoft Office 2000
---Microsoft Office 2000 Language Reference
----Microsoft Word 2000 Reference
-----Microsoft Word Visual Basic Reference

>3. I want take a word template. Replace text in it, and save it again.
>  Has someone code examples fot something like this?
Hint: A word template is just an additional parameter for
word.Documents.Add() (I had to find that out myself, too). Be warned,
though, the Word API *sucks* (TM). I'll put up a more complete example
of how to generate word-from-html on my site in a few days, an
incomplete and buggy version is at http://p-nand-q.com/pydocgen.htm