MySQLdb build on Solaris 7

Asim Beg asim_beg at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 20 00:28:30 EST 2002

Jeff,

Here's an excerpt from setup.py

elif sys.platform == "sunos5": # Solaris 2.8 + gcc
    include_dirs = ['/usr/local/mysql/include']
    library_dirs = ['/usr/local/mysql/lib']
    libraries = [mysqlclient, "z"]
    runtime_library_dirs = ['/usr/local/lib:/usr/openwin/lib:/usr/dt/lib']
    extra_compile_args = ["-fPIC"]

and MySQL is installed at /usr/local/mysql. I can send the whole file if
needed.

Asim