How can I write this C code in Python?

Luigi Ballabio ballabio at mac.com
Sat Feb 2 10:25:27 EST 2002

At 7:10 AM -0800 2/2/02, Fred wrote:
>Hello, I am just starting out with Python. I have a very basic book
>that is not helping me much. I have done some simple C programming in
>the past and I think if I could see the below C code done in Python it
>would get me over the beginners hump. I tried to do it in Python but
>got stuck right at the start, Python did not like it when I tried to
>say: for i = 1

Fred,
	I think you can find more info and tutorials at www.python.org.
Anyway, the for loops you are trying to write ca nbe expressed as:

for i in range(1,13):             # 1 is included, 13 is not
     for j in range(1,13):
         print "%4d" % (i*j),      # the comma at the end inhibits line breaks
     print                         # "print" alone prints a newline

Happy coding,
		Luigi