Idiots guide to code objects, frame objects and settrace?

Quinn Dunkan quinn at schilling.ugcs.caltech.edu
Wed Feb 20 13:36:01 EST 2002

On Tue, 19 Feb 2002 22:28:50 -0000, Tim Rowe <tim at eltig.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>Is there an idiots guide to code objects, frame objects and settrace
>anywhere? I want one program to monitor the execution of another. I've
>looked at coverage.py from the Vaults of Parnassus, but can't make enough
>sense of it to adapt it to do what I want.

A combination of the langref and interactive mucking around worked just fine
for me.  They're not very complicated.  The only possibly confusing bit is that
tb_next points downstream and f_back points upstream... or is it the other way
around?

It might not be an "idiot's" guide... good thing you're not an idiot, huh?