Editors for Python

Joseph Wilhelm jwilhelm at outsourcefinancial.com
Wed Feb 27 10:56:20 EST 2002

On Mon, 2002-02-25 at 09:18, Moray Taylor wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am desperatly seeking a good python editor, so far JEdit is the best
> I have found, but since it is written in Java, I find it painfully
> slow, and PyBrowse, although good, a little flaky.
<snip>

Out of curiosity, have you tried jEdit 4.0? I just installed this myself
after suffering through the crippling speed of 3.x for too long, and
I've found it to be incredibly faster. It's using Java 2 which improves
the speed, and has been much improved itself so that it's actually quite
a lot more usable now. If you haven't tried it out, I would highly
recommend it.

--Joseph Wilhelm