HELP?

Callum Golding Rave_Dj at btopenworld.com
Sun Feb 3 08:35:40 EST 2002

I'm sorry to bother you, but i was wondering if you could give me a little
advice. I've recently downloaded Python 2.2. Ive read a begginers guide to
programming and tried creating a small program, I used the input function.
Now as soon as I open the program it goes into dos and asks me the question,
and when i type in an anwser, dos shuts down. Now its really starting to bug
me. If you could give me some advice I would be real grateful. The program I
wrote is below; -

tempetature = input("What is the temperature of the spam?")

if temperature > 50:
    print "The salad is properly cooked"
else:
    print "Cook the salad some more"