XML RPC Woes

Mark Nenadov marknenadov at winningteam.com
Fri Feb 22 14:27:16 EST 2002

I am in a bit of a weird situation with the 'xmlrpclib' and
'SimpleXMLRPCServer' modules.  I have a simple server that registers one
simple function and then serves 'forever'. The client I made simply
connects and triesto execute that function via XML RPC (also passing one
parameter ot it) and print the result. Both the server and the client are using
Python 2.2.

That was working just fine. However, all of a sudden I have not been
able to get it to work at all. The server just keeps on returning "500
Internal Error" now. I have investigated my own code as well as parts of
the SimpleXMLRPCServer and xmlrpclib (printing out values of variables
that may be causing problems, etc).  The XML that is being sent by XML
RPC to the server seems to be good. Does anybody have a clue what may be
causing this?

Any help is greatly appreciated,
~Mark Nenadov