Python 2.2 dynamic library problem on Compaq Tru64

Anthony Allen anthony_allen at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 5 18:09:14 EST 2002

Glenn Stauffer <stauffer at swarthmore.edu> wrote in message news:<mailman.1012925289.31030.python-list at python.org>...

> I am using cx Oracle to access an Oracle 8.1.6.2 database.  Running my
> scripts at the unix prompt, all is well.  When I run them through cron,
> I get this error:
>
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> > ? File "/usr/users/stauffer/python/dbamon/dbchk.py", line 3, in ?
> > ? ? import cx Oracle, os, sys, smtplib
> > ImportError: dlopen: cannot load
> > /usr/local/lib/python2.2/site-packages/cx Oracle.so

One difference between running a command from cron versus running it
from an interactive shell is that cron will not execute your
login/profile script.  As a result, you may be missing some
environment variables when running from cron.  In particualar, check
your LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable, as this may be needed to locate
libraries required by cx_Oracle.