How to get CNAME with sockets ?

Bengt Richter bokr at oz.net
Sat Feb 16 21:52:05 EST 2002

On Sat, 16 Feb 2002 14:14:25 -0800, Sheila King <usenet at thinkspot.net> wrote:

>I'm working on using Vipul's Razor (http://razor.sourceforge.net) in
>conjunction with a Python mail script that I'm working on.
>
>I'm studying some of the Perl code (and I don't really know Perl...makes
>it a bit tough). Anyhow, I've gathered that in the sub discover what I
>basically need to do, is query each subdomain of razor.vipul.net where
>the subdomains are a..z,1..9999 until I find one whose CNAME (or
>Canonical Name) is last.terminator.

I don't know what you are really doing, but that sounds like
systematically dialing all phone numbers in various area codes
until you get Arnold Schwarzenegger ;-)

Can't you get a copy of the 'phone directory and find him yourself?
Or do you need to visit with all those others?

Or is the metaphor totally inapplicable? ;-)

Regards,
Bengt Richter