wxTextCtrl and handling button down even in OnChar()

Doug Farrell writeson at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 13 12:07:09 EST 2002

Hi,

I've written an application that has a control I've derived from
wxButton so I can provide my own EVT_BUTTON(self, ID, self.OnClick)
event handling. In the method OnClick() I'm getting the button press,
but I see both the button down and button up events, which causes my
code to run twice. I'd like to filter the button press and only react
to the button down event. The trouble is, I can't seem to find the
method of event or whatever that will allow me to do this. If any one
has some ideas how I can process only moust button down events, I'd
really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Doug Farrell