Saving Browser State without Cookies

Orr, Steve sorr at rightnow.com
Tue Feb 5 14:48:29 EST 2002

Python Newbie here.

I need to migrate a web application from PHP to Python and I have a
requirement to save state info WITHOUT using cookies where much of the state
data MUST not be visible to the end users. The PHP application allows users
to logon to one of several databases using any of a number of Oracle
user/passwords. The logon info needs to be saved for queries on other pages
in the app. With PHP it's easy to avoid cookies by saving this info using
its session handling functions. Is there an EASY way to do this in Python
without having to adopt the Mother of all frameworks?

AtDhVaAnNkCsE,
Steve Orr