Disabling creation of .pyc files?

Dominic Sacré bugcreator at gmx.de
Thu Feb 14 09:52:49 EST 2002

On Wednesday 13 February 2002 18:03, Skip Montanaro wrote:

> It's there for your benefit (imports are faster when up-to-date .pyc
> files are present because the compilation step is avoided), but yes, you
> can disable it by simply making the directory containing the .py files
> read-only.

I know that it's generally a useful feature, but sometimes it's annoying,
because I'd like to keep the directories containing my scripts clean...
And making the directories read-only is not possible when I'm still
working on the scripts.

Well, looks like I'll have to remember running
find -name "*.pyc" | xargs rm
every now and then...

    Dominic