ActiveX Questions

Jimmy Retzlaff jimmy at retzlaff.com
Mon Feb 18 14:48:01 EST 2002

Rony says:
> Well i did try it with the same error !

I took a very quick look at this OCX. It's hard to tell from its
voluminous documentation :) but it's possible that it's only intended to
run as an ActiveX Control embedded in a form (i.e., dialog). Notice that
both the VB and VC++ samples have a little rectangle at the top of the
form that represents the control in design mode. It might not work
through COM Automation alone (which is what win32com.client.Dispatch
gives you access to).

Hosting ActiveX Controls is a good bit more work. I don't know how
complete it is, but Mark Hammond had started on support for this in
win32comext.axcontrol (I've never tried it).

wxPython works with win32all to support this in
wxPython.lib.activexwrapper.

Jimmy