Major league corruption - anyone seen anything like this?

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Tue Feb 12 18:42:15 EST 2002

I'm developing a small library and accompanying wrapper.  I sometimes get a
segmentation fault (environment is Mandrake 8.1, Python is from CVS).  Upon
my return to the shell prompt, I discover that the /usr/local/bin/python
link is gone as are a number of shared libraries (readline among them).

Obviously I have some serious problems in what was supposed to be a simple
wrapper (perhaps the problems are with the underlying library which has only
been lightly tested), but I've never seen a segfault take files with it like
this.  Has anybody else encountered this before?

--
Skip Montanaro (skip at pobox.com - http://www.mojam.com/)